Unbeaten Kentucky wins again
UNDATED (AP) - The top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats are 19-0 for the second time since John Calipari took over the program five years ago. The Wildcats also own a 6-0 mark in the SEC after Devin Booker scored 18 points and Aaron Harrison added 13 in a 58-43 triumph over South Carolina.
The game turned after the Gamecocks took a 24-23 lead with 4 1/2 minutes remaining in the first half. Kentucky immediately went on a 14-0 run and South Carolina shot 4 for 27 the rest of the way.
The only other unbeaten team in Division One men's basketball is No. 2 Virginia, which takes on Virginia Tech on Sunday.
In other top-25 action:
- Third-ranked Gonzaga ran the nation's longest home winning streak to 36 games as Przemek Karnowski and Gary Bell Jr. each scored 13 points in a 91-60 rout of Pacific. The Bulldogs have won 13 straight to improve to 20-1, the best start in team history.
- Frank Kaminsky scored eight of his 22 points in overtime to push sixth-ranked Wisconsin past Michigan 69-64 at Ann Arbor. Sam Dekker had 15 points for the Badgers, who blew an 11-point lead in the second half before improving to 18-2 overall, 5-1 in the Big Ten.
- Seventh-ranked Arizona ripped California 73-50 behind Stanley Johnson's 18 points and nine rebounds. Dusan Ristic contributed 12 points as the Wildcats improved to 18-2.
- Texas Tech had been 0-6 in the Big 12 until Devaugntah Williams scored a career-high 22 points and Toddrick Gotcher added 17 in the Red Raiders' 78-73 stunner against ninth-ranked Iowa State. Gotcher made five of Texas Tech's 11 3-pointers.
-Cliff Alexander had 15 points and nine rebounds as 11th-ranked Kansas beat No. 17 Texas 75-62. Brannen Greene made four 3-pointers and four Jayhawks scored in double figures as they upped their record to 16-3.
- No. 15 North Carolina got 18 points and 14 rebounds from Brice Johnson in a 78-74 win over Florida State. Marcus Paige scored 19 points to lead the Tar Heels to their fifth consecutive ACC victory.
- Jevon Carter sank two free throws with 1 second left in overtime to lift No. 18 West Virginia past TCU 86-85. Devin Williams and Juwan Staten had 18 points apiece for the 16-3 Mountaineers.
- Lester Medford had 17 points, including a 3-pointer in a late 10-0 run that put 21st-rated Baylor ahead to stay in a 69-58 victory against No. 19 Oklahoma. Kenny Chery tied the game by hitting a 3-pointer with 6:45 remaining before finishing with 13 points.
- Dyshawn Pierre scored 21 points and 22nd-rated Dayton remained unbeaten at home with a 63-60 triumph over Richmond. Kendall Pollard scored 18 points and put the Flyers ahead to stay 57-55 with a shot in the lane.
- Purdue beat No. 25 Iowa 67-63 behind Rapheal Davis, who scored 16 of his 24 points in the first half. Basil Smotherman and A.J. Hammons each scored 13 points for the Boilermakers.