Current Time 10:31:24pm
Guernsey Co. VCB
CAMBRIDGE, Ohio (Jan. 12, 2015) – The Cambridge/Guernsey County Visitors & Convention Bureau’s 2015 Official Travel Guide is now available!
The 2015 Travel Guide is distributed to groups, area businesses, events, attractions, lodging properties, state travel centers and individuals in the coming year.
“We’re excited to unveil this year’s travel guide,” said Debbie Robinson, Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB Executive Director. “Every year we evaluate the guide and determine what resonates most with our visitors. This year the theme was very clear – travelers want to unplug and reconnect with their family and friends. They want to enjoy the scenic and serene natural beauty Guernsey County offers - away from work and everyday routines of sport and school activities.”
The 2015 guide features a special section titled “Only in Guernsey County…” featuring must-see attractions, as well as annual events, attractions and museums, outdoor recreation, arts & entertainment, lodging, dining, area maps, and dozens of upcoming events.
Residents are encouraged to stop by the Tourist Information Center in downtown Cambridge to pick up copies for family reunions, weddings, or for visiting friends and relatives.
CAMBRIDGE, OHIO (Jan. 7, 2015) – The Cambridge/Guernsey County Visitors & Convention Bureau, along with several area attractions, will participate in the Great Vacations Travel
EXPO, presented by AAA, taking place January 16-18, 2015 at the Greater Columbus Civic Center.
Billed as a one‐stop shop for everything related to travel, the event offers Central Ohio consumers information and EXPO‐only deals, along with the best ever travel values on everything from exotic cruises and European vacations to affordable escapes that are close to home.
“The Great Vacations Travel EXPO provides fun and convenient ways for you to learn about what's new, what's popular, and what's best when it comes to your next getaway. This is one of the best shows of the year and perfect for us to attend because it attracts leisure travelers/consumers shopping or planning their vacations for 2015 and 2016,” said Debbie Robinson, Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB executive director. “It’s a wonderful event for the entire family to enjoy. Look for us in booth #658. To add to the excitement, we will be joined by the following partners: Deerassic Park Education Center, the Wilds, Cambridge Min Street, National Museum of Cambridge Glass, Hopalong Cassidy Festival and Museum, Salt Fork Arts & Crafts Festival and Living Word Outdoor Drama. Follow us on Face Book….we just may be giving away a few tickets to the Expo!”
With more than 250 exhibits, attractions and events ‐ including Cambridge/Guernsey County VCB ‐ the EXPO is a destination in itself. Favorite travel spots come alive with interactive events and experiences that are as entertaining as they are helpful and educational. Specific attraction areas within the EXPO will include:
• Vacation Marketplace: The EXPO has assembled an incredible lineup of the hundreds of world’s top travel destinations.
• Paradise Pavilion: The Paradise Pavilion will transport guests right out of the cold to warm, tropical vacations at extraordinary resorts throughout the Caribbean and Mexico.
• The Great Outdoors Adventure Area: Presented by Metro Parks, guests will enjoy The Great Outdoors in this beautifully natural area offers a restful place to enjoy real pine woodlands, a covered bridge, water features and fun activities, wildlife presentations and hands‐on opportunities to get up close and personal with nature.
• AAA Travel Stage: Appearances, live entertainment, events and workshops are led by leading travel experts and well‐known celebrities entertain and educate.
Special Activities & Guest Speakers:
Friday, January 16
• Prime Timers Day - Travelers age 55 or older: You’ll enjoy $2 off general and AAA-rate admission, plus special deals, programs and giveaways designed just for the way you like to travel. Whether it’s a multi-generational trip that you, the kids and the grandkids will love, an affordable escape or the vacation of a lifetime, you’ll find it at the EXPO!
• Packing Expert Anne McAlpin – Learn how to lighten your load and make travel easier and more enjoyable – just by implementing clever, yet simple ideas. 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
• Best-Selling Author Patricia Schultz - Get ready to refine your bucket list with Schultz’s top picks…many completely hidden, some total surprises, others right nearby, but all worthy of your list! 2 p.m.
Saturday, January 17
• Hiking Expert Jeff Alt - Teach your kids how to experience the world’s most remarkable and beautiful spots in a way that’s free and easy…hiking!
• Kids Day Fun - Kids Day offers families a day packed with live entertainment, fun and great family travel ideas. Don’t miss the wild menagerie of live animals from The Farm at Walnut Creek in Ohio’s Amish Country.
• James Beard Award-Winning Food Writer Josh Ozersky - Esquire Magazine’s sometimes controversial restaurant editor knows better than anyone how to find the best restaurants and food experiences in the world. Ozersky shares insider secrets on how travelers can truly immerse themselves in a destination through its food. 4 p.m.
Sunday, January 18
• Legendary Aerialist and High-Wire Artist Nik Wallenda - Renowned daredevil and high-wire artist, Nik Wallenda shares his unusual perspective on the world’s most spectacular destinations. He stunned the world when he crossed the Grand Canyon in 2013; and again in November when he walked a 544-foot wire, 600 feet above ground, between two Chicago skyscrapers…with no harness! Don’t miss this awe-inspiring presentation where Wallenda reveals what it’s like walking a high-wire, what makes him do it and how you, too, can see the world from a different angle. 2 p.m.
The Great Vacations Travel EXPO opens Friday, January 16 and runs through Sunday, January 18, at the Greater Columbus Civic Center. EXPO hours are Friday 12 p.m. ‐ 7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. ‐ 7 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. ‐ 5 p.m. Tickets are $8 at the door (AAA members receive 50%‐off admission). Children 16 and under are admitted free. For additional event details or to purchase tickets in advance, visit www.AAAGreatVacations.com.