Current Time 4:29:30pm
AVC Communications has an established history of being an equal opportunity employer. We make an effort to establish contacts with organizations within our broadcast coverage area to inform them of available positions and job openings.
We also publicize open positions in area newspapers and web-based job posting resources. We invite minority applicants to apply for jobs for which they are qualified.
NOTIFICATION OF AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Organizations that would like to be contacted when we have an opening are encouraged to let us know so they can add to our contact list. We request the following information: Contact name, email and post office address and phone number.
AVC COMMUNICATIONS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
No phone calls please. AVC Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Network Technician / PC Technician with AVC Technical Services
AVC Communications/AVC Technical Services is looking for a professional capable of maintaining computer hardware and software systems that make up a standard small-medium business computer network. We are looking for someone with 2 to 3 years of experience in the field. Knowledge of business functions is also important, as is the ability to communicate with our client’s employees in both technical and non-technical roles.
Minimum Skills/Experience Required:
• Experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN networking, servers, workstations, operating systems, and applications.
• Experience in system administration, including system maintenance, workstation support, virus removal, Internet connectivity, security services, load monitoring, and back-up procedures.
• Configure, install, and manage Server \Workstation hardware to meet client specifications, including: RAID implementations, UPS configuration, and Antivirus solutions
• Design and implement Microsoft and TCP/IP technologies including: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, and “Best Practice” Security policies
• Exchange server administration experience
• Configure, install and manage VPNs, Network Security Appliances, routers, Spam and Web filters.
• Implement and manage enterprise backup solutions for critical company data, databases, Exchange Information Stores, and experience following “Best Practice” restoration procedures.
• Knowledge and/or experience with Managed Network Service solutions and their implementation and management
• Able to effectively communicate with users and vendors (written and verbal)
• Organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
• Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
• Experience working for an IT Services firm or similar position a plus
• Willingness to travel locally on daily basis
• Willingness to pursue further training on infrastructure support and web development/design.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must have excellent troubleshooting skills combined with strong organizational skills. Be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills to interface with our clients, the end users and management on a daily basis. Can take on responsibilities, manage priorities with minimal guidance, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Depends on experience and qualifications.
Successful applicant would be directly involved with end user support. They will be responsible for the overall health of our client’s networks, network security, ensuring network connectivity throughout the company's LAN/WAN infrastructure, and all other technical considerations. They will be responsible for installing, maintaining and upgrading servers. They are also responsible for ensuring the servers are backed up, and that the server data is secure from unauthorized access.
Additional tasks include but are not limited to network address assignment, assignment of routing protocols and routing table configuration as well as configuration of authentication and authorization – directory services. It includes maintenance of network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers and such. It sometimes includes maintenance of certain network servers: file servers, VPN gateways, etc. and other technical support roles, such as Database Administrators, Desktop Support Technicians.
Ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support our clients networks, equipment, software and services - Onsite and through use of remote tools
Execution of IT projects, including server upgrades, migrations, software installs, and other network related services
Accurate and timely documentation of all activities conducted
AVC COMMUNICATIONS MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE