- Home Welcome
- News From AVC News
Weather Forecasts - Radar
- Weather News & Information
- Cambridge Weather Forecast
- Barnesville Weather Forecast
- Mobile Formatted Forecast
- Guernsey Co. Weather Station
- Current Radar Images
- Cancellations, Closings and Delays
- Sports From AVC Sports
Community Area Information
- Top Community News
- Area Information
- Featured Businesses
- Local Entertainment
- Community TV Shows
- Discover Cambridge TV Show
- Order DVD's of Local Programs
- Community YouTube Channel
- Events Community Calendar
Stations Audio - Video
- WWKC-FM "KC105"
- 96FM WCMJ
- WILE 97.7FM
- 93BNV WBNV-FM
- Rock 92.1 WBIK-FM
- ESPN Cambridge
- Community TV2
- Sales Advertising Media Kit
- AVC Communications
Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Current Time 1:18:48pm
Current Time 1:18:48pm
Obituaries: Lawrence G. "Larry" Mercer
|Lawrence G. "Larry" Mercer|
|Lawrence Gene "Larry" Mercer, 74, of Pleasant City, passed away Friday(July 5, 2013), surrounded by family at the home of his daughter in Senecaville.
He was born March 11, 1939 in Cambridge and was the son of the late Lawrence E. and Catherine N. (Terrell) Mercer.
Mr. Mercer retired from the former Cambridge State Hospital after 34 years of service, where he was a fireman and a Police Sgt. He was a 1958 graduate of Cambridge High School, a member of Eagles Aerie #386, served his country in the U.S. Army during peace time. He enjoyed fishing, horseshoes, and playing baseball and softball, and spending time with family and friends. Larry was a dog lover, he especially loved his Labs.
In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by a sister Marlene Steele.
He is survived by his wife of 44 years Carol Diane (Stillion) Mercer whom he married June 28, 1969; two daughters, Julie King of Pleasant City and Jody (Bryant) Duff of Senecaville; one sister Vickie Hare of Byesville; two grandchildren, James King of Coshocton and Taylor Duff of Senecaville; several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be held Monday from 12:00--2:00 pm at Black-Epperson Funeral Home in Byesville, with services to follow at 2:00 pm. Pastor Jim Garrett will officiate.
Military services will be conducted by the Guernsey Veterans Council at Black-Epperson Funeral Home following the funeral service.
Burial will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of Guernsey, P.O. Box 1165, Cambridge, OH. 43725.
Personal condolences may be sent to the family at www.black-eppersonfuneralhomes.com
|Monday (today) from 12 - 2 at the funeral home|
|2:00 p.m. at the funeral home|
|Black-Epperson Funeral Home - Byesville|
- Guernsey County Sheriff's Office spearheads "Safe Zones" for auction websites in Ohio
- Three Muskingum County men indicted in connection with Byesville theft
- Dilapidated Spruce Street homes raise concerns in Caldwell
- "Maria's Message" shared with Guernsey County students on Monday
- One seriously injured in single-vehicle OVI crash on Monday