- Home Welcome
- News From AVC News
Weather Forecasts - Radar
- Weather News & Information
- Cambridge Weather Forecast
- Barnesville Weather Forecast
- Mobile Formatted Forecast
- Guernsey Co. Weather Station
- Current Radar Images
- Cancellations, Closings and Delays
- Sports From AVC Sports
Community Area Information
- Top Community News
- Area Information
- Featured Businesses
- Local Entertainment
- Community TV Shows
- Discover Cambridge TV Show
- Order DVD's of Local Programs
- Community YouTube Channel
- Events Community Calendar
Stations Audio - Video
- WWKC-FM "KC105"
- 96FM WCMJ
- WILE 97.7FM
- 93BNV WBNV-FM
- Rock 92.1 WBIK-FM
- ESPN Cambridge
- Community TV2
- Sales Advertising Media Kit
- AVC Communications
Sunday, April 19th, 2015
Current Time 10:36:31am
Current Time 10:36:31am
Obituaries: Thomas J. George Sr.
|Thomas J. George Sr.|
|Thomas J. "Tom" George Sr., 70, of Byesville passed away Monday (November 25, 2013) at his home.
He was born April 19, 1943 in Buckeyeville and was the son of the late Thomas J. George and Sophia M. (Koval) George Medvetz.
Tom was a 1960 graduate of St. Benedict Central High School and a 1971 graduate of Franklin University.
He was currently Co-Owner of Conn's Potato Chips. Previous owner of T& J Market with his wife Lois. He was a member of Christ our Light Parish, Knights of Columbus, Cambridge Country Club where he was a former president, life member of V.F.W., former golf coach at Meadowbrook High School and an Army veteran.
Tom was a great supporter of Meadowbrook Athletics, an avid fan of Ohio State and enjoyed spending time with his family especially his grandchildren.
He is survived by his father John A. Medvetz of Buckeyeville; his wife of 48 years Lois I. (Carter) George whom he married June 26, 1965; two sons, Thomas J. (Bridget) George of Byesville and Jonathan A. George of Senecaville; seven grandchildren, Joey, Jared, Jessica, Jenna, A.J., Matthew and Mitchell George; three sisters, Carolyn Grimes of Atlanta, GA., Marcia Kafury of Cambridge and Kathleen (Rick) Wheeler of Pleasant City; one uncle Edward Koval; two aunts, Norma and Betty Koval and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Calling hours will be Wednesday from 2-8 p.m. at Thorn-Black Funeral Home, Cambridge. Mass of Christian Burial will be 10:00 a.m. Friday at Christ our Light Parish with Fr. Robert Borer officiating. Burial will be in Greenwood Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made in Tom's name to: St. Benedict Catholic School, 220 N. 7th St., Cambridge, Ohio 43725 or Hospice of Guernsey, P.O. Box 1165, Cambridge, Ohio 43725
Expressions of sympathy may be extended to the family at www.black-
|Wednesday from 2-8 p.m. at Thorn-Black Funeral Home, Cambridge|
|Mass of Christian Burial 10:00 a.m. Friday at St. Benedict Catholic Church|
|Thorn-Black Funeral Home - Cambridge|
- Guernsey County Sheriff's Office spearheads "Safe Zones" for auction websites in Ohio
- Three Muskingum County men indicted in connection with Byesville theft
- Dilapidated Spruce Street homes raise concerns in Caldwell
- "Maria's Message" shared with Guernsey County students on Monday
- Old Washington man arrested following five-year drug investigation