- Home Welcome
- News From AVC News
Weather Forecasts - Radar
- Weather News & Information
- Cambridge Weather Forecast
- Barnesville Weather Forecast
- Mobile Formatted Forecast
- Guernsey Co. Weather Station
- Cambridge Airport Weather Station
- Current Radar Images
- Sports From AVC Sports
Community Area Information
- Top Community News
- Area Information
- Featured Businesses
- Local Entertainment
- Community TV Shows
- Discover Cambridge TV Show
- Order DVD's of Local Programs
- Community YouTube Channel
- Events Community Calendar
Stations Audio - Video
- WWKC-FM "KC105"
- 96FM WCMJ
- WILE 97.7FM
- 93BNV WBNV-FM
- Rock 92.1 WBIK-FM
- ESPN Cambridge
- Community TV2
- Sales Advertising Media Kit
- Listen Live Online!
- AVC Communications
Sunday, November 23rd, 2014
Current Time 12:35:50am
Current Time 12:35:50am
Obituaries: Robert G. "Bob" Bates
|Robert G. "Bob" Bates|
|Robert G. "Bob" Bates, 91, of Apple Creek, formerly of Senecaville passed away Friday (December 27, 2013) at his son's home.
He was born March 19, 1922 in Batesville and was the son of the late Harley and Ellen (Warner) Bates.
Mr. Bates retired from NCR in 1987, he was a member of Church of Christ in Pisgah, a life member of Buffalo VFW #8040 and was a US Navy veteran of WWII.
In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by his wife Laura (Tolliver) Bates whom he married October 8, 1942 and passed away August 12, 2008; three sons, William, Roger and Richard; one sister Beulah.
He is survived by five sons, John (Pam) Bates of Senecaville, Larry (Cathy) Bates of Buffalo, Jim (Gina) Bates of Apple Creek, Chris (Tammy) Bates of Cambridge and Mark (Debbie) Bates of Cambridge; one daughter-in-law Joyce Bates of Buffalo; three brothers, Roger (Alberta) Bates of Winterset, James (Nancy) Bates of Wooster and Franklin Bates of Charleston, WV; thirty grandchildren; several great grandchildren, and nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be Monday from 4-7 p.m. at Black-Epperson Funeral Home, Senecaville where services will be 11:00 a.m. Tuesday with Evan. Flavil Miller officiating.
Burial will be in Bates Hill Cemetery with services conducted by the Guernsey County Veterans Council.
|4-7 p.m. Monday at Black-Epperson Funeral Home, Senecaville|
|11:00 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home|
|Bates Hill Cemetery|
|Black Epperson Funeral Home - Senecaville|
- Numerous suspects indicted following drug raid by Cambridge PD
- Guernsey County man escapes from Wintersville prison
- Two arrested with pipe bomb in Noble County appear in court
- Man arrested in connection with drug trafficking in Cambridge
- Sex-offender conditions eased for Steubenville football player