Current Time 6:49:35am
This is a live, real-time weather data display from the Cambridge Municipal Airport Weather Station.
Please be patient... screen may take a few seconds to load based on your Internet connection.
Having problems seeing the stream? Click here for a current image of the weather station display.
DISCLAIMER: This information should NOT be used for preliminary flight planning purposes. It IS NOT a substitute for a formal preflight weather briefing. Due to the current nature of the World Wide Web the federal government does not recognize data available through this medium as safe and reliable for aviation. The information published on and via this site is made available without warranty of any kind. The author of this site accepts no responsibility or liability, whether direct or indirect, as to the timeliness, accuracy or quality of the information, nor for any consequences of its use.
About the Cambridge Airport Weather Station and data display...
Cambridge Airport Weather Station Measuring Instruments
- Date & Time: The time is shown in ZULU Time, a 24 hour military and aviation time used by airplane pilots all over the world. "Zulu" time is that which is more commonly know as "GMT" (Greenwich Mean Time).
- Temperature: Temperatures are shown in both "C"= Celsius and "F"= Fahrenheit.
- Wind: Wind direction is shown by the "degree" of which it is originating from. A wind coming directly out of the west would be from 270 degrees, just like on a compass. The current direction is shown by the black arrow. The blue segments show the recent past direction. "Dark Blue" represents the wind from the past 10 minutes. "Light Blue" represents the wind from the past 2 minutes. Wind speed is measured in Knots. Click here for a knots to MPH conversion chart if you want to know the wind speed in miles per hour.
- Sky: The sky information will tell you how high the lowest clouds are from the ground in feet and a short description.
- Visibility: Measured in "Statute Miles".
- Lightning: Will show lightning information in the area during storms or whenever lighting is present. An "at airport" designation means 0-5 miles from the airport. "Vicinity" means 5-10 miles and "Distant" means 10-30 miles.
- Colored Arrows: Indicate change in the past 20 minutes
The Cambridge Municipal Airport state-of-the-art weather system is being shared with the general public through this webpage. Sensors are on the airport located near the runway in a secured area. The system provides real-time temperature, dew point, pressure, visibility, wind direction and speed cloud ceiling and present weather conditions, among other things. The system can also differentiate between rain and snow, important information for pilots.
The AVC Communications SkyCAM is located high atop College Hill in Guernsey County, Ohio, on a tower 100 Feet above our studios. College Hill is the highest point above sea level in the county. The camera is capable of moving 360 degrees, but normally is positioned to view the Eastern skies directly over Cambridge Ohio just a few miles away. At times our engineer will change the direction to see incoming weather to the west towards New Concord, view other equipment on our towers, or just to watch the sun set!